× General discussion

Humanitarian aims

3 months 1 week ago #9762 by Angela
Wow we seem to have large areas of need covered, Children, welfare, homeless, hunger, battered women, animals, and many more. Each one is going to make a difference to someone's life, or an animals life, which is always in my heart as they cannot speak for themselves. We can't save the whole world but we can do something to help in our corner of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #9761 by Kevinrealstewbiz

Kevinrealstewbiz wrote:

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote: One of my biggest dreams (I have many) is to buy land in the Far North of NZ and start an eco-community. The thought came to me while I was travelling there a few years ago. It’s a BEAUTIFUL place to be ...... but nobody lives there! That’s because there are no jobs and no infrastructure. But with a Frega Collective residual income, YOU DONT NEED A JOB, you can live ANYWHERE. It will start small, possibly growing organic crops AND GIVING THEM AWAY. But with more people taking part (especially Stewers) and with more money coming in, I want to expand the whole thing into an eco-CITY .... Built sustainably and powered sustainably. A brilliant man called Jacques Fresco designed something called the Venus Project. I will contact them to get their input. Here is an example of some of his ideas. I would encourage you to check out Venus Project on You Tube ......

I Found US Somewhere to start the dream steve.....
www.realestate.co.nz/3197831

or this one lol www.realestate.co.nz/3149883
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prosperitywithpurpose

3 months 1 week ago #9760 by Kevinrealstewbiz

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote: One of my biggest dreams (I have many) is to buy land in the Far North of NZ and start an eco-community. The thought came to me while I was travelling there a few years ago. It’s a BEAUTIFUL place to be ...... but nobody lives there! That’s because there are no jobs and no infrastructure. But with a Frega Collective residual income, YOU DONT NEED A JOB, you can live ANYWHERE. It will start small, possibly growing organic crops AND GIVING THEM AWAY. But with more people taking part (especially Stewers) and with more money coming in, I want to expand the whole thing into an eco-CITY .... Built sustainably and powered sustainably. A brilliant man called Jacques Fresco designed something called the Venus Project. I will contact them to get their input. Here is an example of some of his ideas. I would encourage you to check out Venus Project on You Tube ......

I Found US Somewhere to start the dream steve.....
www.realestate.co.nz/3197831
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9759 by Bruce
Where to start...?
I have thought of a number of things over the past few years, but three things in particular have really stuck. In NZ, we have an organisation called 'Christians Against Poverty' helping people who have got into desperate situations financially, with budgeting, life skills etc. Over 1,000 clients have become debt free since they took on the services of CAP, and that is continuing to grow. I will support this initiative. I will do the same for another organisation in Christchurch who provide micro loans to people in third world countries to establish themselves in a small business, securing a settled life for their families. And I have an orphanage in India that I want to support as well. This may prove a little more difficult because of government (Indian) regulations governing overseas support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9758 by Anita:Technical Support
Yes Steve you are correct, i have several that i will be supporting. Not to mention the ones that i will personally adopt. I will also be working with children in some capacity ( Orphans) here in New Zealand. Not sure of the how yet but it will all fall into place. I am really looking forward to making a positive contribution to this beautiful planet as i can see we all are :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9755 by Prosperitywithpurpose

Anita:Technical Support wrote: Wow just WOW..!! No wonder we have all been brought together. What an amazing group of people. These posts have warmed my heart. Thank You !! :)

I can see some very happy animals coming from YOUR Frega Income Anita ..... as it would have come from Janet, had she lived to see our success. ❤️
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9753 by Angela
Once I have helped my own family to secure a home each, two daughters and grown up grandchildren, I don't have to look far from my own back doorstep to see so much need around me. Where do we begin? I always think hunger is a good place to start, no-one should ever go hungry, so how do we feed people without them becoming dependent on handouts? My plan is to give free allotments to those in need and to grow food as a community. to share and swap their produce. Someone will be employed to make sure no ground is going to waste and the allotments are well maintained. (I do know there are allotments being founded and established already but there is always room for more)
Once hunger is alleviated we can tackle poverty. We can built shelters for the homeless from which they will have to attend classes with people trained to show them a way out of their poverty, to get their self esteem back. By Just sheltering them for a night achieves very little. After a stay of perhaps three months, they can be rehabilitated into society and found jobs and their own accomodation. After that it's up to them.
Those who don't muck in and help each other to cook their meals and keep the shelter clean will be replaced by others coming along in need. That is just a small start but it will grow.
Children who go to school hungry will be another on my list to tackle. Shelters for battered women, more are needed. More ambulances. The list goes on and that is just in one area of my city. So we begin at home and then move outwards for my plans, and hopefully keep anonymous as I want no accolades or recognition as I feel it would be my duty if I ever had that sort of wealth. Maybe I will only be able to achieve one of those things, but so worth it. We all have our different dreams and who knows where they lead us?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, PattiH, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9740 by Anita:Technical Support
Wow just WOW..!! No wonder we have all been brought together. What an amazing group of people. These posts have warmed my heart. Thank You !! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie, Kiwianne, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Prosperitywithpurpose, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9732 by Prosperitywithpurpose
Let’s dream BIG friends ..... with Frega and a Decentralised world, the sky is the limit .... and EVERYTHING is possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PattiH, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9731 by Prosperitywithpurpose
One of my biggest dreams (I have many) is to buy land in the Far North of NZ and start an eco-community. The thought came to me while I was travelling there a few years ago. It’s a BEAUTIFUL place to be ...... but nobody lives there! That’s because there are no jobs and no infrastructure. But with a Frega Collective residual income, YOU DONT NEED A JOB, you can live ANYWHERE. It will start small, possibly growing organic crops AND GIVING THEM AWAY. But with more people taking part (especially Stewers) and with more money coming in, I want to expand the whole thing into an eco-CITY .... Built sustainably and powered sustainably. A brilliant man called Jacques Fresco designed something called the Venus Project. I will contact them to get their input. Here is an example of some of his ideas. I would encourage you to check out Venus Project on You Tube ......

The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie, Kiwianne, PattiH, Kevinrealstewbiz, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #9728 by PattiH
I know that I am going to have far more money than I or my family will ever need. Keeping lots of money in a bank helps no one.

I want to help my church, we need a place for the youth - Sunday school rooms, youth ministry, etc. and the fellowship hall is in dire need of repair. It was built in the early 40's and has history so no one wants to tear it down and put anything new in it place. (it was the little church until they built the new Sanctuary about 25 years ago). Why I say they built is because I was gone from here for 38 years and have only been home for 6 years.

Helping animals is my passion - couldn't tell though, as I only have 7 dogs and a cat (3 of which I acquired because they did not want to live with their owners (my brother and my sister) and camped out at my house, three that were drop offs in the middle of no where and mine was the closest house - so here they all are). Had 2 cats until about 6 months ago when I guess nature took over - It is not always safe for them out here.

Although I do not think I want to be tied down to an animal sanctuary of my own - I have scoped out several in the local area that I can help financially and then let someone else do the work and take the credit. They are close enough I can volunteer my time and enjoy the animals when I want.

The other thing I want to do is complete my orchard and start a community garden - I have plenty of land to do both. I can hire the kids in the community to do most of the work giving them a way to earn a little money and also learn some responsibility. It is too far out here for most of them to go to town for a job.

Dennis Said "It was never in my plan to be rich. I have found that this bothers some of the people with whom I have done business. As long as I have a warm or cool house to live in, clothes on my back, and food to eat, I consider myself more successful than a large portion of the world's population".

That is me also, I have no desire to be rich - just comfortable. Food on the table, clothes on my back, a roof over my head - I already have all of that and the means to maintain it. Anything left over, I can share as I see the need.

Partner S2T
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Prosperitywithpurpose, abundantplanet, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9727 by Prosperitywithpurpose

Paddy Delaney wrote: Love this Deb's

Mandy & I are looking forward to opening a sanctuary for Donkey's

I so remember, as a child, riding donkeys on the beach at Cleathorpes. It’s a uniquely English thing I believe. Great fun. I even think the donkeys enjoyed it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PattiH, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, abundantplanet, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9725 by Paddy Delaney
Love this Deb's

Mandy & I are looking forward to opening a sanctuary for Donkey's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, PattiH, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, abundantplanet, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago #9724 by Dennis

Carol USA Global Support wrote: What an amazing group we have. I will share a little of my dream and the legacy I want to leave. Because of the adversities in my young adult years I have always wanted to help others who are dealing with some of the same issues I have experienced. One is alcoholism. I was married for 36 years to a man addicted. Because of the journey I have had I want to share my experience with others to help them have a different outcome with their journey. I dreamed of opening my home for someone to live that was going to be a missionary. I have dreamed of joining a business in which i would have a residual income. I dreamed of speaking to groups about the power we each have, the importance of thoughts and words we speak. So many of my dreams are coming true and they are so much better than I ever dreamed about. I have opened my home to someone but it was not a missionary. In August of last year I was ask if I would consider a women and her 6 year old son to live with us. She had been in a program for 2 years that cared for women who had been in sex trafficking or drug addiction. They moved in with us in October of last year and it has been a Blessing. I have spoken to groups of ladies about this opportunity and will start a Foundation called "The Host Bridge Home" finding other people who want to make a difference. We already have placed another women and her daughter in a home. Our dreams do come true and they are so much better than we could have thought possible.
What are your dreams?

I have been taking homeless or near homeless and abused women into my home since 2010. Some have had children, some have not. In early 2016 I took in a man whose wife threw him out. He and his three children are still with me. Within three months of his moving in he had a heart attack, since then he has had 15 more attacks, which to him feel like a heart attack and stroke happening at the same time. So far after about 4 hours in an emergency room he regains the use of his limbs.

It generally costs about $3,200 a month to keep things going. To date other than emergencies I have kept the place going with earnings from business, until last Oct a small annuity, and credit. My way of running the house always been a hand up, not a hand out. Other than in extreme emergencies this is how things have been.

I don't ask for help, because it would be defeating the concept of a hand up, not a hand out. There have been times people have helped out. An offer has always been made for pay back or pay it forward. All have chosen pay it forward.

No one who has lived here gets by without donating time to the cause of their choice. Why a choice? If somewhere where someone volunteers doesn't fit within their passions they won't give their best effort.

I have had a few bite the hand that fed them. This is now controlled because the house is run on a cash basis. If we need something and I don't feel like going out to get it, I give a small amount of cash so someone else can get it. No one does the books other than me now. This is because someone I had doing the books and controlling the credit "shared" $7,000 with two of the other women who were here. It was the money needed to pay independent business owners who help with the business.

It was never in my plan to be rich. I have found that this bothers some of the people with whom I have done business. As long as I have a warm or cool house to live in, clothes on my back, and food to eat, I consider myself more successful than a large portion of the world's population.

3 months 1 week ago #9723 by VivianEisenecher
Nice message Carol. I have sent you a message through Frega Global inbox.
Please check your messages...

3 months 1 week ago #9722 by Carol USA Global Support
What an amazing group we have. I will share a little of my dream and the legacy I want to leave. Because of the adversities in my young adult years I have always wanted to help others who are dealing with some of the same issues I have experienced. One is alcoholism. I was married for 36 years to a man addicted. Because of the journey I have had I want to share my experience with others to help them have a different outcome with their journey. I dreamed of opening my home for someone to live that was going to be a missionary. I have dreamed of joining a business in which i would have a residual income. I dreamed of speaking to groups about the power we each have, the importance of thoughts and words we speak. So many of my dreams are coming true and they are so much better than I ever dreamed about. I have opened my home to someone but it was not a missionary. In August of last year I was ask if I would consider a women and her 6 year old son to live with us. She had been in a program for 2 years that cared for women who had been in sex trafficking or drug addiction. They moved in with us in October of last year and it has been a Blessing. I have spoken to groups of ladies about this opportunity and will start a Foundation called "The Host Bridge Home" finding other people who want to make a difference. We already have placed another women and her daughter in a home. Our dreams do come true and they are so much better than we could have thought possible.
What are your dreams?

Foundation Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Weller, Annamarie, Gill Poole, Angela, Kiwianne, onieceg, PattiH, VivianEisenecher, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb and this user have 5 others thankyou

3 months 1 week ago #9721 by lutherafrika123
Great, great idea, Deb!
In an era characterized by no -one- caring- for- anyone and the result being that the poor and the vulnerable are left to their fate, it is really interesting to know some people are concerned and would like to develop an oasis in the desert.
Thank you once more for bringing this to our notice.
God bless you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, PattiH, Deb Deb

3 months 1 week ago #9720 by onieceg
Thanks Deb for starting this thread. I would like to see more affordable retirement homes in my
area. There are no assisted living homes for low income people. And the government or my state does not pay
for assisted living, only very low income for nursing homes. I also have a desire to help hungry children, it breaks
my heart to see starving children.

Foundation Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie, Kiwianne, PattiH, Deb Deb

3 months 1 week ago #9715 by Kapil Arn
This will be an interesting topic to read. Thnx Deb for posting.
Im looking forward to read what wonderful ideas some of our other members have.
judging by the generosity shown by members donating share to my cause, There are a huge number of amazing people in this family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie, PattiH, Deb Deb, Prosperitywithpurpose, Wimal [Wim]

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #9714 by Deb Deb
I know overall we are all here to reap the rewards of our efforts, input and investment in what was RealStew and has grown beautifully, a bit like the butterfly images we had, into what is now a very exciting to on-point Frega Collective.

We have Kapil who has set up his legacy to help others, Steve Smith will probably like to see a change from the dairy industry being a major player in NZ and helping to bring forward the wonderful attributes that the hemp industry would bring to the world. I am sure many of you also have great humanitarian ideas that you would like to see come to fruition given the chance of appropriate funding becoming available to you.

With Frega Collective we already have RealP2P in place to help many but I am sure there may be other ideas we could work towards. Homelessness, unemployment, pet and animal rescue resources and no doubt many things I have not touched on here.

I would love to be able to build a 6-star hospital where clean rooms can have med-beds where they can be made available to heal us all. That, of course, would be a huge task to fund. Maybe a little easier, to begin with, is the help local homeless centres and begin with a horse rescue and rehabilitation centre.

They are my thoughts for when our money starts to really flow, I was just wondering what others may have in mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie, wayne kemp, Martin Hill, Angela, Rob Evans, Kiwianne, onieceg, lutherafrika123, PattiH, Rhonda Bethune and this user have 5 others thankyou

Time to create page: 1.573 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

May 2018
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31