× General discussion

What do I do next

4 months 4 weeks ago #9102 by Kiwianne

Angela wrote: Well said Annamarie. You certainly are thorough and do your due diligence and research .

I totally agree AngelaAnnemarie is very thorough in all she does and posts - she has some good points put forward up let follow her advice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Al1ne, Angela

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 4 weeks ago #9101 by Dennis

Annamarie wrote:

Paddy Delaney wrote: .....I have no idea what you believe we can do code wise more than we have to be make it any easier for people in poverty to have an opportunity to change their situation ...other than handing out money and then that is not a solution but rather be an enabler of poverty as we create a cycle of dependence

You make a valid point Paddy, for a long period of my life I have worked alongside nz community organisations & government to find initiatives to fundraising. Quite a few organisations have folded and those still standing are working hard to secure the morsels that Government is providing from a reduce fiscal budget.

Reading through research undertaken as to the reasoning behind the closures it comes back to are we making them co-dependant or empowering them. Their is also the assumption that we think they are poor or in need of our support.

The groups that are still in existence are using the preventative or solution focused approach which is what The Frega Collective is.

In 2010 I started taking abused and homeless women into my house. The premise from the beginning was a hand up not a hand out. All the adults had to volunteer daily Monday thru Friday at the place of their choice. What I had learned is Abused women have very little self esteem. Unless they felt they were earning their way it went down even further. Homeless women are in close to the same boat. Those who chose not to accept the hand up approach were shipped to a homeless shelter 45 miles away. By giving them a choice, they could move from one place to another until their passion kicked in. One of the women worked for my business. She became so good she was hired by a competitor and moved on. Let people do something which involves what they are passionate about and their world changes. The Chinese proverb "Give a man a fish he will eat for a day, teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime" was on my main profile for a few years. I believe it is still on Pinterest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al1ne, Kiwianne, Deb Deb, Prosperitywithpurpose, Wimal [Wim]

4 months 4 weeks ago #9093 by Angela
Well said Annamarie. You certainly are thorough and do your due diligence and research .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al1ne

4 months 4 weeks ago #9090 by Al1ne

Paddy Delaney wrote: .....I have no idea what you believe we can do code wise more than we have to be make it any easier for people in poverty to have an opportunity to change their situation ...other than handing out money and then that is not a solution but rather be an enabler of poverty as we create a cycle of dependence

You make a valid point Paddy, for a long period of my life I have worked alongside nz community organisations & government to find initiatives to fundraising. Quite a few organisations have folded and those still standing are working hard to secure the morsels that Government is providing from a reduce fiscal budget.

Reading through research undertaken as to the reasoning behind the closures it comes back to are we making them co-dependant or empowering them. Their is also the assumption that we think they are poor or in need of our support.

The groups that are still in existence are using the preventative or solution focused approach which is what The Frega Collective is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Kiwianne, Robyn Lockhart, Wimal [Wim]

4 months 4 weeks ago #9089 by Angela

Paddy Delaney wrote: Kapil I have no idea what you believe we can do code wise more than we have to be make it any easier for people in poverty to have an opportunity to change their situation ...other than handing out money and then that is not a solution but rather be an enabler of poverty as we create a cycle of dependence

All the tools are at our fingertips to start helping the poor,l but it's like eating an elephant, we can only do it one bite at a time. If we are only helping the poor by getting them to become a member and have a frega account where they will get money coming in for doing nothing, as Paddy says , it's not a solution.
We are here to help others help themselves, that is the true charity. Teach them how to fish, not just feed them. There are always ways and means of doing things if someone is really wanting something so badly. We are not a welfare company, we are a co-operative and when people join they will join because they want to actually use something they see of value to them on the platform. This then helps everyone, the poor person as well.

Through your charity you are starting up Kapil,you have a great opportunity to TEACH them how to make money and get them motivated to start. You will have the money to set them up with at least something in one well paying app, Help them to help themselves. There will always be those who don't want to do anything for their money but when they see others gaining more than them, what a great motivation for them to start. Even Jesus said, we will always have the poor among us, and he wasn't being unkind, he understood human nature.

It's very commendable that you want to help them all and quickly, as we would all like to with our own favourite charities, and there is so much need everywhere, even on our own back doorsteps. It will all happens in God's good timing. I believe he has his hand on this and it will move forward as Paddy is guided.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al1ne, Robyn Lockhart

4 months 4 weeks ago #9086 by Paddy Delaney
Kapil I have no idea what you believe we can do code wise more than we have to be make it any easier for people in poverty to have an opportunity to change their situation ...other than handing out money and then that is not a solution but rather be an enabler of poverty as we create a cycle of dependence
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, onieceg

4 months 4 weeks ago #9085 by Paddy Delaney
Kapil I have no idea what you believe we can do code wise more than we have to be make it any easier for people in poverty to have an opportunity to change their situation ...other than handing out money and then that is not a solution but rather be an enabler of poverty as we create a cycle of dependence
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

4 months 4 weeks ago #9079 by Paddy Delaney
HI Kapil

The way people will get to the point where they can afford to have their own phone is as simple as borrowing access to any device to access the web, register an email address for free, respond to the link you sent to them of your store, register and then start making money ... then if they don't want a store (free) they can look at of the links that you have what you are talking about in your store, share this on FaceBook, which you know I also free, and when any of their friends and click on the link and register (free) to find out what is going on they also star receivi ng a disribution share of money

I have no idea what you want us to code that is simpler than this ..please explain what it I that you want us to code t5hat makes it any easier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wimal [Wim]

4 months 4 weeks ago #9077 by wayne kemp

Kapil Arn wrote: All I want is a ##$&##?+ simple link to join somebody !!!
Is that REALLY too much to ask ??
On a COLLECTIVE platform !!??

hi kapil
for members that want to join the collective ,they will need to have access to the internet ,and i know you are trying with your smart ph charity ,but in the meantime ,if you just want them to join ,tell them to get an email address borrow a computer or smart ph ,go to www.frega.co.uk ,and they can join if thats what your after ,or is this all about them being linked to you .

4 months 4 weeks ago #9076 by Kapil Arn
oops, dont know wat happend to my reply to Paddys post of 4 solutions..
Here it is again :
Actually, not at all Paddy. Should be obvious...
Other then 1st point ( the plan . I have to investigate that a bit more..) the other " solutions " are of absolutely no use to the ppl Im most concerned about... We have discussed this before. I keep getting the same answers... I dont want to give up being able to offer hope to the poor, but I must say Im getting v discouraged and frustrated and have to use a lot of energy to keep myself motivated...

4 months 4 weeks ago #9075 by Kapil Arn
All I want is a ##$&##?+ simple link to join somebody !!!
Is that REALLY too much to ask ??
On a COLLECTIVE platform !!??

4 months 4 weeks ago #9074 by Kapil Arn

Paddy Delaney wrote: Thereare three ways to share a link.

First ..if you have subscribed to The Plan you share the active Link you find on the Share Link tab.

Second....log into S2T and share a link yo any listed item knowing that it is a product or service that could be of interest to a friend or contact

Lastly, set up your own store and whether you are logged in or not send copy of the utl details to your friend or prospective clients.

So Kapil in your case set up a store and list one or more item you want to sell or give away and send a Link to the person you want to bring on board

Actually a 4th...after setting up store.. click on POS tab and issue an invoice or e-receipt if you are a Trades man and the coverinh email will day there is a cash back incentive and ask them to click on confirmation Link to accept benefits.

Actually, not at all Paddy. Should be obvious...
Other then 1st point ( the plan . I have to investigate that a bit more..) the other " solutions " are of absolutely no use to the ppl Im most concerned about... We have discussed this before. I keep getting the same answers... I dont want to give up being able to offer hope to the poor, but I must say Im getting v discouraged and frustrated and have to use a lot of energy to keep myself motivated...

Really covers all bases

4 months 4 weeks ago #9073 by Kapil Arn
There is an other part I forgot to mention.
As many here know, I have a big interest in helping the really poor. RS / FC has always been a big ray of hope for me to be the vehicle to being able to do that. And we ( paddy et al ) are often enough talking abt that aspect.
However i have found that there are some v big obstacles for the real poor to be able to benefit. An obvious one being that they have no smart fone or internet connection. It needs money for that. Im working on that aspect. They are all using FaceBook . Its free, dont need to pay for internet connection and works even on a cheep fone.
Im in contact with a great number of them. But theres nothing I can do at mo to help them. I get their hopes up, and then nothing. V sad.
If there was at least a v simple , no hassle way for them to join, ( A simple tab : ' join here... Just put in Ur basic data and password' . How hard would that be to program ? Specially since we had that ability before...) I could help them to set up an acct by using maybe a friends Smartfone.
Then, even though they cant do anything right now to be active, at least some money would accumulate in their account. Then later, when I have solved the challenge of how to get them a smartfone and internet data, ( working on it. With the help of so many generous members who have donated shares... ) these poor ppl will then already have a bit of money sitting there.
If however I try to help them to set up a S2T shop, again I totally loose them. Even the ones who where v keen, usually got lost in the process.
Im not giving up. I keep trying. And I keep stirring the stew until theres a simple solution...
BTW, Im aware that theres a high priority to create appst that start making money, or our system wont work. This will be the way money is made in the wealthier countries that then will benefit the poor.
I have a possible solution : If Paddy could tell us how much it would cost to pay a progarammer's wages to create that simple link , Then we could organize a fundraiser to pay for that. Then there would be no argument of taking resources away from more important stuff.

4 months 4 weeks ago #9072 by Paddy Delaney
Thereare three ways to share a link.

First ..if you have subscribed to The Plan you share the active Link you find on the Share Link tab.

Second....log into S2T and share a link yo any listed item knowing that it is a product or service that could be of interest to a friend or contact

Lastly, set up your own store and whether you are logged in or not send copy of the utl details to your friend or prospective clients.

So Kapil in your case set up a store and list one or more item you want to sell or give away and send a Link to the person you want to bring on board

Actually a 4th...after setting up store.. click on POS tab and issue an invoice or e-receipt if you are a Trades man and the coverinh email will day there is a cash back incentive and ask them to click on confirmation Link to accept benefits.

Really covers all bases
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, VivianEisenecher, Rhonda Bethune, Robyn Lockhart

4 months 4 weeks ago #9071 by Angela
Paddy has said over and over, we do not need to go out and get links, they will come to us when they see a value in their particular app they are interested in and we will grow organically, If we want to get others linked to us, we can do it through any of the apps and our URL , (through social media or by an email to someone)
We need people to come in genuinely because they see the value to them of an app. S2T and so on. That way they actually use the app and tell others if they are happy with what they are using. We will grow exponentially without the need to go out "recruiting" as in the early days.

Of course if you are talking to someone and show genuine excitement over your favourite app it will be another way to get them to have a look at it if it interests them.

Paddy has set this up perfectly with less hassle for all of us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Kiwianne

4 months 4 weeks ago #9070 by Kapil Arn
so many questions here to answer. And some misconceptions to clear.
Firstly, Wayne n Gill , nobody is asking for the old style 'blind' linking that U are referring to. U obviously have not been reading my post properly. And yes , that is a mad scheme. Though I dont think any of that was a waste. I for one ( and Im sure many other oldies ) will be working fulltym on my puter once we are properly up n running to let all my contacts know what is happening. And before some of U jump to conclusions again, to clear up what I mean by " properly up n running " My definition of that is when many of us are starting to make a good income. Not too far away now.
Now to Anitas questions.
Many of us - I for one, Steve Smith and various others have been talking about this many tyms over the last year and half or so. Since we lost the ability to link people by giving them a simple link where they can join. I have asked Paddy many tyms for that and have not yet received a satisfactory answer.
Only things like : we dont want it to look like MLM ( I dont see why that would look like MLM, since we stopped taking about different levels. ) , or a vague : its too complicated to program ( sorry , I dont buy this . I know that Im ignorant abt programming...) or it will take too much programmers tym. Again, I doubt that.
Ive discussed this issue with various others. They seem to have no other explanation other then that Im told " for some reason, Paddy doesnt like the idea "
So maybe Anita U might have a better explanation.
Now a bit more of an explanation why me and others want to be able to have this facility . Maybe some others might like to share their reasons here.
The main reason that has attracted me from the v beginning to RS is simple. Got to do with what I understood, and still believe to be, the main raison d'aitre : To help change the world to be a better , more fair n equitable place for all. This is still my main motivator. Sure, Im also looking forward to finally not have to scrape the bottom of the financial barrel all the tym.
Consequently Im communicating with many ppl who resonate with this sentiment. When I tell them that there is soon going to be a v practical and ingenious solution available. So of course they get interested in what Im talking about. However, as soon as I send them a link to S2T, they turn off immediately and tell me its just an other business. And of course they are v disappointed. I recently 'lost' a very influential person in the Philippines because of that. A woman who used to be in Dutertes government with a v important cabinet post to do with the environment. A person with a huge following of Filippinos who have great love and respect for her. She would have been my connection to talk to the president himself....
Anita, Im surprised that I have to spell this out to U. Have U not read any of the many posts to do with this issue in the past ??
More later...

4 months 4 weeks ago #9062 by Dave Cato

Rhonda Bethune wrote:

Rhonda Bethune wrote:

Martin Hill wrote:

Rhonda Bethune wrote:

Barbarella wrote:

Dave Cato wrote:

Paddy Delaney wrote: When we have sorted out The Plan link then you can use this

All I need is a simple personal link to me, for giving to someone to link them and get them started in the process. That's what we had before in Echovida and that's what we need now. Simple... This is getting too complicated for the troops out there who just want to tell people about Frega Collective and then link them in.

This is the same situation her[/color]e,we need a link to give to people but for free, I mean without the risk hundreds register even if they will not sure to deal with Echovida.
Unfortunately Nobody took care of me,protected me to pay for all people who used my Echocapture link , I went through on some experiences ,but it s Ok I can not cry above spoiled milkit was lesson,
Otherwise I must be more caring with other people ,they WANT link only if they shouldnt control it
Moreover they can promote that link to their friends.

Thanks if someone read it all opinion will be appreciated

Does anyone have an idea of what a simple link umight look like
What would you like to see as the message in the link?

The best way is to share a item from S2T, or soon the wall chat will be a easier way.

So it is a patience game for the wall to appear as S2T sharing may not work for everyone or there would be no need for this conversation.
It would be great if people respond to the questions so that we can come up with an idea instead of relying on Paddy who no doubt will pull something our of the hat when the time is right. lol!

Yeaaa... Just tried copy / paste of the Plan link and sent out and it worked. This is our new simple link thingy. ( same as what we had in Echovide)
When they get the email they just enter... Number, Pin, Email address, password... then click "Enter" and they are linked in and registered.
All you have to do then is talk to them about creating a profile under Frega and activating their Frega account. All done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, Rhonda Bethune, Robyn Lockhart

4 months 4 weeks ago #9061 by Gill

wayne kemp wrote: why do people keep going on about a simple link .we tried one it was realmail .it didnt work .linking someone who are oblivious to being linked doesnt work .anyone still making money out of stewville with your thousands of links .you need to make a link threw a transaction ,or sharing of the plan ,so the person linked is using the system and is part of the collective .The days of stockpiling links in the hope of oneday linking someone is just desperate madness .

Absolutely!!!...

4 months 4 weeks ago #9058 by wayne kemp
why do people keep going on about a simple link .we tried one it was realmail .it didnt work .linking someone who are oblivious to being linked doesnt work .anyone still making money out of stewville with your thousands of links .you need to make a link threw a transaction ,or sharing of the plan ,so the person linked is using the system and is part of the collective .The days of stockpiling links in the hope of oneday linking someone is just desperate madness .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Kiwianne, Robyn Lockhart

4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #9057 by Rhonda Bethune

Rhonda Bethune wrote:

Martin Hill wrote:

Rhonda Bethune wrote:

Barbarella wrote:

Dave Cato wrote:

Paddy Delaney wrote: When we have sorted out The Plan link then you can use this

All I need is a simple personal link to me, for giving to someone to link them and get them started in the process. That's what we had before in Echovida and that's what we need now. Simple... This is getting too complicated for the troops out there who just want to tell people about Frega Collective and then link them in.

This is the same situation her[/color]e,we need a link to give to people but for free, I mean without the risk hundreds register even if they will not sure to deal with Echovida.
Unfortunately Nobody took care of me,protected me to pay for all people who used my Echocapture link , I went through on some experiences ,but it s Ok I can not cry above spoiled milkit was lesson,
Otherwise I must be more caring with other people ,they WANT link only if they shouldnt control it
Moreover they can promote that link to their friends.

Thanks if someone read it all opinion will be appreciated

Does anyone have an idea of what a simple link umight look like
What would you like to see as the message in the link?

The best way is to share a item from S2T, or soon the wall chat will be a easier way.

So it is a patience game for the wall to appear as S2T sharing may not work for everyone or there would be no need for this conversation.
It would be great if people respond to the questions so that we can come up with an idea instead of relying on Paddy who no doubt will pull something our of the hat when the time is right. lol!

Time to create page: 3.098 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

June 2018
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30