× General discussion

5 months 1 week ago #8476 by Robyn Lockhart
It will take me til long after the boat comes in to leave here lol- this is one family home i will keep coming home to for a long time! Like my home in oamaru, i suspect you will have to carry me out!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 1 week ago #8434 by Anita:Technical Support
Thanks Robyn, it's just a nice to have and not really expected that anyone should do it. Karma points or not, Paddy and i will still be here day after day until the boat comes in :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gill, Kiwianne, Deb Deb, Robyn Lockhart, Wimal [Wim]

5 months 1 week ago #8430 by Robyn Lockhart
Am I still the only person doing this regularly? Whenever I am away the totals never move - it is nice to give our ppl like paddy anita and such a little boost of approval and i like spreading it around to others too.I probably average one per day though aim for more,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, Wimal [Wim]

7 months 2 weeks ago #5402 by PattiH

Angela wrote:

PattiH wrote: So true Angela.

Unfortunately some do not realize or understand that and then wonder why bad stuff keeps happening to them.

It works both ways and when we see someone getting something good happening to them, somewhere along the line they created that good Karma. Each action we take creates it's own Karma, therefore we really are the author of our own lives and we can't blame anyone else for our own misfortunes, or fortunes. It all begins with intention.

Yes, it does - goes for both good and bad.

Partner S2T
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne

7 months 2 weeks ago #5400 by Angela

PattiH wrote: So true Angela.

Unfortunately some do not realize or understand that and then wonder why bad stuff keeps happening to them.

It works both ways and when we see someone getting something good happening to them, somewhere along the line they created that good Karma. Each action we take creates it's own Karma, therefore we really are the author of our own lives and we can't blame anyone else for our own misfortunes, or fortunes. It all begins with intention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne

7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #5381 by PattiH
So true Angela.

Partner S2T
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Kiwianne

7 months 2 weeks ago #5354 by Angela
Thought this link might be interesting

Click here for laws of Karma

A good little video and we have to remember too that KARMA never forgets anything even if we do. It can be our best friend or worst enemy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wimal [Wim]

7 months 2 weeks ago #5319 by Al1ne

Angela wrote: Yes it has been a good little discussion and not off the topic of the little Karma game which has no bearing on the Karma of the person playing it.
I am surprised that people have been taking Karma off of posts they don''t like. because if they knew the esoteric meaning of Karma, even doing that creates a bit of negative Karma for themselves in reality. It takes all sorts to make a world though and true love and understanding begins with ourselves in our little corner.

We define ourselves by our own actions, not what others think of us, as one post said, and I agree , others do not know what road we have been asked to walk in our lives and unless you have walked a mile or a day in someone else's shoes, we do not what what suffering or heartache they are hiding with a smile or some humour which gets them through.

Thought this link might be interesting

Click here for laws of Karma

[/b][/color][/b][/color]

The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Carol USA Global Support

8 months 4 days ago #4523 by wayne kemp

Paddy Delaney wrote: An interesting debate

ill give you 2 cools for that paddy .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb

8 months 4 days ago #4521 by Paddy Delaney
An interesting debate

8 months 4 days ago #4493 by Angela

Robyn Lockhart wrote: Gill and angela thanks for your comments re karma. I accept now we are stuck as it is and moving on - I found it hard to accept it as too different from original meaning and likely to offend others too. Que sera sera. All comments on the thread have been respectful open and honest. Good to see this quality of debate.

Yes it has been a good little discussion and not off the topic of the little Karma game which has no bearing on the Karma of the person playing it.
I am surprised that people have been taking Karma off of posts they don''t like. because if they knew the esoteric meaning of Karma, even doing that creates a bit of negative Karma for themselves in reality. It takes all sorts to make a world though and true love and understanding begins with ourselves in our little corner.

We define ourselves by our own actions, not what others think of us, as one post said, and I agree , others do not know what road we have been asked to walk in our lives and unless you have walked a mile or a day in someone else's shoes, we do not what what suffering or heartache they are hiding with a smile or some humour which gets them through.
I am so pleased to hear you are having an awesome holiday and experiencing the local foods and entertainments. xx

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kapil Arn

8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #4490 by Rhonda Bethune

Robyn Lockhart wrote: yes understand that. I feel somehow that karma is a stronger word than love lol even though I thought of it as such. Somehow the negatives not being shown separately is a bit worrisome, just saying. The amount of traffic (notice taken) is not related to specific posts but to the person behind them, and this seems harsh. Can the negative be kept specific to posts, equivalent to unthank you as separate button/running total, and negative karma if you must have it be shown as a separate running total too? I assume you can only do one karma of ether sort per 6 hours and that would at least give us positive ppl a chance to show our love. None of this is urgent, just discussion at this stage.

Interesting to know it is part of the Kunena platform. makes sense to me now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela

8 months 4 days ago #4486 by Robyn Lockhart
Gill and angela thanks for your comments re karma. I accept now we are stuck as it is and moving on - I found it hard to accept it as too different from original meaning and likely to offend others too. Que sera sera. All comments on the thread have been respectful open and honest. Good to see this quality of debate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Kapil Arn

8 months 4 days ago #4485 by Gill

Robyn Lockhart wrote: Gill I am booked for circus tonight the last night in siem reap - tomorrow i go to sihanouk and out to koh rong will come back to sihanouk and phomn pen after that still got 10 days here but felt angor and around here worth most energy/time. Loving it all

oh that's great news... I'm so pleased you are going to the Circus. we had dinner there before. I felt they could have had a few more fire extinguishers with all the flame throwing going on. - may be different show now of course.

Enjoy it

Much love
G

8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #4483 by Robyn Lockhart
Gill I am booked for circus tonight the last night in siem reap - tomorrow i go to sihanouk and out to koh rong will come back to sihanouk and phomn pen after that still got 10 days here but felt angkor wat and around here worth most energy/time. Loving it all

You obviously haven't found my thread robyn's ramblings on the forum :)

8 months 4 days ago #4477 by Angela

Robyn Lockhart wrote: yes agree carol but some words are not very PC these days and misuse of certain words similar problem in our global community - i don't take anything personally but cannot speak for the indian and other asian communities who are part of the scene here and suspect some will be offended. Just saying.

During our lives we are all going to step on someone else's toes. The KARMA word that is put up as a word here on this forum is just lighthearted and a game thing because those who are truly spiritual will understand that "good" or "bad"karma is not our to dish out, it belongs to the person whose actions cause it.

I can't go through life always wondering if I am going to offend or please someone, all I can do is to do everything with as good a heart as I know how. If someone finds something that I have said or done offensive it is up to them to decide whether to ignore it, forgive me or let it fester in their minds. It is up to us how we CHOOSE to feel. It's all a matter of choice. (or a conditioned response to something people find unpleasant to their ears) All we can do is to do everything with true spiritual love in our hearts and all the small stuff will fall away.

This little debate on a thread is perfectly OK and not inappropriate, we are not robots, we are people and like to have a bit lo discussion now and then as long as it is respectful. all it is doing is giving some light relief and food for thought on different slants , without which we could never learn anything, only repeat what we already know, or think we know.

Thanks Robyn a good thread and so nice to see others opinions, which are neither right nor wrong, they just ARE and we can learn from each other.

d
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carol USA Global Support, Deb Deb, Kapil Arn, Robyn Lockhart, Wimal [Wim]

8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #4462 by Gill

Robyn Lockhart wrote: yes agree carol but some words are not very PC these days and misuse of certain words similar problem in our global community - i don't take anything personally but cannot speak for the indian and other asian communities who are part of the scene here and suspect some will be offended. Just saying.

Hi Robyn
I hope you are enjoying your holiday... let the karma thingy go... it is so irrelevant in the big scheme of things. I have 3 karmas you have 10 what does that mean?.... your doing more karmic things than me! how would someone on this forum know what I do in my life apart from what they see on this platform. I know I have my karma reduced ...must have stood on someone's toes so they flicked it of... My life is not defined by this or the actions of someone giving me a karma tick...

As the previous comments have stated it is part of the code of the Kunena Forum itself!

Tell us more about your holiday... have you got some nice photos..??. what are you doing up there.??? Have you been to the Phare Circus yet?

https://pharecircus.org/Phare Circus [/url]

This circus came about as a way of encouraging artists to perform. After the Kymer Rouge and Pol Pot millions were killed and a lot of academics, artists and writers lost. The circus is a way of re-establishing the culture in Cambodia. A few of the performers have moved on to Cirque Du Soleil
You must go and see it...support the artists there.
That would be more interesting to hear about than the karma thingy.

Warmest wishes
Gill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb, Robyn Lockhart

8 months 5 days ago #4448 by Robyn Lockhart
yes agree carol but some words are not very PC these days and misuse of certain words similar problem in our global community - i don't take anything personally but cannot speak for the indian and other asian communities who are part of the scene here and suspect some will be offended. Just saying.

8 months 5 days ago #4447 by Carol USA Global Support
A word can mean many different things to different people. A week from now this debate will be forgotten and I personally think new members are not going to care if this "word" has been used appropriately or inappropriately. I do not think the coders are looking up every word they are working with to see if it is being used correctly. Just my thoughts.

Foundation Member

8 months 5 days ago #4446 by Paddy Delaney
Yes, I accept that but we cannot go into the minds of the original coders as to why they selected Karma as their 'word' to 'like' or 'not like' a post ...it is what it is and quite happy to move on

Time to create page: 2.326 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

June 2018
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30