× General discussion

KYC

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #22518 by CaroleManners
Well said Reg and good to see a few other members with the same view ..why anybody is so keen to hand over their personal details so willingly is beyond me....plus i dont use a mobile phone online due to personal choice ..which i believe so far is still allowed ..does that mean i wont be able to use Frega?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Rob Evans, Deb Deb, RegLongmore, janlongmore

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 weeks 6 days ago #22517 by RegLongmore
I agree exactly with what Dave Cato said.
I went to read the comments from the Apple App Store, and the Google App Store regarding YOTI, and there were scores of people from Africa and India, and countless other countries who were unable to secure a KYC recognition using the YOTI app, as they did not possess a passport, and had little chance of getting one. The few that did have a driver's license found that it was unacceptable to qualify as proof of who they were, and consequently gave the app a 1 out of 5 star rating.
What I find most frustrating is that if this truly is a supposed method of controlling money laundering, do they really and truly believe that these poor souls are going to be the ones laundering billions of dollars a year? The sad and ultimate fact is that the same people who laundered the billions last year, will be the exact same people laundering billions this year, and billions of dollars next year, and do you honestly think they will take the time to get their KYC certification? Absolutely not, they will just laugh at the rest of us, bending over backwards to hand over our most sensitive and private information without a clue as to where it is going and who is looking at it, and if you think your information is safe, maybe it's time to re-read what Cambridge Analytica did with their sensitive information. Also why is a mobile phone required? Contrary to what Dennis said earlier regarding mobile phones being given away free in the USA, that is wrong, no one gets a phone free, they simply amortize the phone cost (including a little profit) over a two or three year contract so at to appear you are getting it free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Rob Evans, Kiwianne, Kevinrealstewbiz, Deb Deb, Ozzieglyn, Wimal [Wim], CaroleManners

3 weeks 6 days ago #22515 by ken sendo

ken sendo wrote:

wayne kemp wrote:

Anita:Technical Support wrote:

Robyn Lockhart wrote: Paddy said "Go to Frega and click on Menu / Money Services/ Withdraw funds ... we are adding another path soon"

I went there from my laptop and tried to initiate the process and it seems i have to use a phone ....... is there a way on the desktop or laptop please?

with my eyesight problem (double vision) i don't find it easy to do puter stuff on a phone. Yeah i know i will get left behind in the dark ages but its too hard basket if you have to be guessing all the time.

100 % you need a mobile Ph to Yoti yourself Robyn and only on one person can be Yotied per Mobile Phone

bugger i dont have a mobile phone

i have a late model ZTE Android phone. i installed Yoti and reached the point of scanning my ID Document, when Yoti scanner refused to activate, leaving a blank dark screen and no way to move on. sent ticket to Yoti for a work-around. interesting that Yoti wants to do the scans BEFORE even asking for a NAME and/or Email addy.

update: after sending Yoti support ticket, i went back and tested scanning for US Passport, which DID load properly but could-not auto-scan, so i manually snapped and uploaded a photo, when prompted. this means that, though Yoti claims to support all 50 states of US for Drivers License, the scanner would not activate at all for my DL. (it could be because i have my location switched off and very poor tower access so doing it all via Wi-Fi...

Yoti tech support replied that Yoti does not have complete set of "templates" for all 50 states, but it is moot point as scanner would not even activate the camera to verify said "template". first manually uploaded Passport image rejected as being "too light"; tried another round, still waiting...

second update (also see attached screenshots) -- here is partial copy of my 4th reply on Yoti support ticket:

1. first time -- rejected: as Image too "bright"
2. second time -- rejected as: image too "blurry"

3. third time (most clear image so far IMHO) -- rejected: as either a "photocopy" or "screenshot" !!??

4th time, and a steady hand, seems to be the charm. my US passport scan finally approved. however, since Yoti still does not do the DL photo ID, yet, i had to enter my Address manually. should be no problem as FREGA already verifies that one?

just wanted to confirm a positive result after 4 attempts
. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: VivianEisenecher, Gill Cameron, Robert

3 weeks 6 days ago #22513 by Simon Willis
Well said Steve. We will find a way im sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Weller

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #22512 by Steve Weller

Steve Weller wrote:

globaltrading100 wrote: Dave, you are a voice of reality! Who or what is 'Yoti' and are they regulated and if so by who? Yes, verification of a person's identity is essential for many people for important reasons. However, sending highly sensitive data over the internet (assuming the connections at both ends are not securely encrypted) to a non-government agency is extremely unwise in my opinion. Identity theft is a lucrative global crime and the criminals who steal personal information are extremely skilled at doing it apparently. These concerns need to be addressed as a matter of urgency.

You might want to do a little research on the YOTI site:
yoti.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/21316...s-and-organisations-

If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding YOTI please Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Please don't post it on here.

Please have patience we are working really hard to get things rolling. Don't worry about other people in other countries we will address any problem that may arise and note we have already got the ball rolling to get NZ Drivers license to be added..... it is in YOTIs top priority list. We will also be working with YOTI to see what other forms of official ID's that could possibly be used from various countries.

We have released YOTI early to see what possible problems could arise which has worked and thank you for your comments which have all have been noted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Angela, Rob Evans, Kevinrealstewbiz, VivianEisenecher, Deb Deb, Prosperitywithpurpose, Gill Cameron, Robert, Dennis and this user have 1 others thankyou

3 weeks 6 days ago #22510 by Carol Johnson

Dave Cato wrote: I agree with what Ken is saying.

As I see it now, These requirements to become KYC'd through Yoti have just made it completely impossible for Frega to do what it has always said it would do. To make all the people of the world who can't get a bank account now able to use our Frega Financial Services to set them free.

The original idea we had of verifying who people were, included being known by people who actually knew you and could verify that a selfie photo was actually you.. Not some agency of organisation using government database information for verification.

How can the millions of people within India, Africa and most of the Asian countries get access to the required documentation to be Frega'd. No way... They won't have access to this sort of identification.

What about all those who don't have a passport because they don't need one, a drivers licence because they don't need one and a national ID card that we don't have in NZ because people don't want to be controlled by Big Brother.

I now see this Yoti thingy being dead in the water for Frega to do what it set out to do and we all agreed that is what should happen. What do ya all think???

If we are to be locked into this Yoti or similar system to comply with regulations imposed by bureaucracy, KCY / AML and GDPR regs, then we have lost the battle before it started. I feel sorry for all those who have put in the hard work so far for this Yoti thingy but Frega has been Hobbled by Big Brother worldwide, Again...

Just what I said Dave, but you said it so much more eloquently ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevinrealstewbiz, CaroleManners

3 weeks 6 days ago #22507 by Paddy Delaney
Hi Dave (and everyone) we will cover thos tomorrow during the call
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viv Hill, VivianEisenecher, Robert

3 weeks 6 days ago #22506 by Bruce

Dave Cato wrote:

Gill Cameron wrote: It's pretty easy to do with passport... I like the tool to "manage all passwords"... ... it'll be very handy if we can use it.

Gill, At present I don't hold a passport and don't intend to until enough funds are available (prob thru Frega). No other way for me to KYC. Hobbled...
I'm in the same position as that little boy sitting under a tree in Africa looking after his herd of goats. Going nowhere...

Like you Dave, I don't have a current passport either. With yoti not accepting NZ drivers license photos, there is no way for me to be yotied. As you say, we are in the same boat as the African under the tree with his mobile. Yoti seems to be useless for the majority of us to serve the intended purpose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Deb Deb, CaroleManners

3 weeks 6 days ago #22504 by ken sendo

Barbarella wrote:

Dave Cato wrote:

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote:

Paddy Delaney wrote: Go to Frega and click on Menu / Money Services/ Withdraw funds ... we are adding another path soon

I found installing Yoti RELATIVELY easy, Its time consuming but that is to be expected with online security being complex AND IMPORTANT.
I tried to scan the QR code though and got a "Runtime error" popup. I put in a report :)

I have gone and downloaded the app, ran the app, followed it all the way through and it didn't accept to scan of my photo on my old passport or driver's license or Gold super card, and therefore can't give me a yoti account and ID. Just wondering if it's all turned on to go yet? It took my photo ok and I gave it a pin number but then it became too fussy. Not sure where to go to now? Wait and see what happens to others probably.

It will only accept the Passport if it is current Dave. The New Zealand Requirement was Passport only . We have requested that they add a Drivers Licence for New Zealand and also another possible form of id if the member does not have either of these.

Here is the list of Documents that are supported by Yoti per Country

yoti.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002910133

At the moment, we accept these 40 driving licences:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States (all 50 states).

even Yoti Tech Support has acknowledged that it cannot process "all" (or any?) of the 50 US States... at very least, it seems its right hand (marketing) is not talking with its left hand (tech), which is not unusual really, in app development...

3 weeks 6 days ago #22503 by ken sendo

Barbarella wrote:

Dave Cato wrote:

Paddy Delaney wrote: Go to Frega and click on Menu / Money Services/ Withdraw funds ... we are adding another path soon

I found installing Yoti RELATIVELY easy, Its time consuming but that is to be expected with online security being complex AND IMPORTANT.
I tried to scan the QR code though and got a "Runtime error" popup. I put in a report :)

I have gone and downloaded the app, ran the app, followed it all the way through and it didn't accept to scan of my photo on my old passport or driver's license or Gold super card, and therefore can't give me a yoti account and ID. Just wondering if it's all turned on to go yet? It took my photo ok and I gave it a pin number but then it became too fussy. Not sure where to go to now? Wait and see what happens to others probably.

It will only accept the Passport if it is current Dave. The New Zealand Requirement was Passport only . We have requested that they add a Drivers Licence for New Zealand and also another possible form of id if the member does not have either of these.

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States (all 50 states).

Yoti website claims Drivers License support for all 50 states of the US. when trying to activate the auto-scan for DL on my Android, the scanner did not even turn on (see black screenshot in my detailed reply below). when Yoti Tech Support replied, he said it was due to a "template" irregularity, which does not explain the scanner not even switching on. when i went back it did turn on for my US Passport even before i placed my document in front of camera. IOW, Yoti is blowing smoke or its right hand is not talking with its left hand, at the very least...

3 weeks 6 days ago #22502 by ken sendo

Gill Cameron wrote:

Dave Cato wrote:

Gill Cameron wrote: It's pretty easy to do with passport... I like the tool to "manage all passwords"... ... it'll be very handy if we can use it.

Gill, At present I don't hold a passport and don't intend to until enough funds are available (prob thru Frega). No other way for me to KYC. Hobbled...
I'm in the same position as that little boy sitting under a tree in Africa looking after his herd of goats. Going nowhere...

I'm sure it'll get sorted Dave... you'd be surprised how may goat herders have mobile phones... believe me the world is full of them (mobiles) , everywhere, even in the poorest of countries... and if they don't have one they sure will be getting one...

my ZTE Z3001S is a "low-end" Android 7.1 Smartphone made in China, which is comparable to what most developing countries' members will receive. the camera scanner is 5 Megapixel, which could not stabilize an image for the Yoti Passport ID auto-scanner to capture; then i was prompted to take a manual photo of the same, which was finally rejected by Yoti as a "photocopy/screenshot" (see my detailed reply with screenshots below).

not everyone has the latest Samsung or Iphone, folks. i concur with Dave that the over-all functionality of FREGA depends on practical modes of "easy in" and "easy out". when this is not even possible for members of so-called "first world" countries, what does it mean for the rest of the planet?

i reside in the Ozarks in the State of Missouri, which is well-know as the "Show Me" state. this is the bottom-line response i get from directly promoting FREGA to people locally -- "show me"... which, so far, apps pending (KYC, CRM, HUB, ETC), it is not possible to do. i remain patient and optimistic, yet FREGA practically remains on back-burner for now, until it becomes practically functional for an everyday user.

tomorrow we are to have our first US national webinar to focus entirely on potential "Invest Plus" registrants. if the other basics are not even covered, there is little chance to get any local business here in Ozarks to come on board for such a commitment as "Invest Plus"...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 weeks 6 days ago #22500 by Gill Cameron

Dave Cato wrote:

I'm sure it'll get sorted Dave... you'd be surprised how may goat herders have mobile phones... believe me the world is full of them (mobiles) , everywhere, even in the poorest of countries... and if they don't have one they sure will be getting one...

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #22499 by Dave Cato

The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 weeks 6 days ago #22498 by Gill Cameron
It's pretty easy to do with passport... I like the tool to "manage all passwords"... ... it'll be very handy if we can use it.

3 weeks 6 days ago #22497 by globaltrading100
Dave, you are a voice of reality! Who or what is 'Yoti' and are they regulated and if so by who? Yes, verification of a person's identity is essential for many people for important reasons. However, sending highly sensitive data over the internet (assuming the connections at both ends are not securely encrypted) to a non-government agency is extremely unwise in my opinion. Identity theft is a lucrative global crime and the criminals who steal personal information are extremely skilled at doing it apparently. These concerns need to be addressed as a matter of urgency.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Kiwianne, Deb Deb, Ozzieglyn, Wimal [Wim], janlongmore, CaroleManners

3 weeks 6 days ago #22496 by Dave Cato

Barbarella wrote:

Dave Cato wrote:

No good to you if you don't have a license Barb. And I also agree with Global Tradings comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

3 weeks 6 days ago #22494 by Barbarella

Dave Cato wrote:

3 weeks 6 days ago #22493 by globaltrading100
Even governments with their billions of dollars get hacked and have their sensitive data stolen accessed. Why does Frega require members to send highly sensitive data (passports/driving licences) to something called Yoti? Are there any guarantees in place to protect members' data? Look forward to your response.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb, Ozzieglyn, Wimal [Wim], CaroleManners

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #22492 by Dave Cato
I agree with what Ken is saying.

As I see it now, These requirements to become KYC'd through Yoti have just made it completely impossible for Frega to do what it has always said it would do. To make all the people of the world who can't get a bank account now able to use our Frega Financial Services to set them free.

The original idea we had of verifying who people were, included being known by people who actually knew you and could verify that a selfie photo was actually you.. Not some agency of organisation using government database information for verification.

How can the millions of people within India, Africa and most of the Asian countries get access to the required documentation to be Frega'd. No way... They won't have access to this sort of identification.

What about all those who don't have a passport because they don't need one, a drivers licence because they don't need one and a national ID card that we don't have in NZ because people don't want to be controlled by Big Brother.

I now see this Yoti thingy being dead in the water for Frega to do what it set out to do and we all agreed that is what should happen. What do ya all think???

If we are to be locked into this Yoti or similar system to comply with regulations imposed by bureaucracy, KCY / AML and GDPR regs, then we have lost the battle before it started. I feel sorry for all those who have put in the hard work so far for this Yoti thingy but Frega has been Hobbled by Big Brother worldwide, Again...

3 weeks 6 days ago #22491 by ken sendo

Carol Johnson wrote: If you need an up to date mobile the and relevant documents for Yoti to work and allow withdrawals, isn't this going to compromise the very people we want to encourage to join Frega and help financially? Some people in the poorest areas won't have the means to withdraw any earnings.

assuming Yoti will even interact with many of the less-developed countries we seek to bring on board, what to say of those members who have never had or do not currently have a bank account? even PayPal, which is admittedly convenient, is very selective as to which countries are even approved for their services. [note: i do not have any bank account, myself -- only PayPal and i live in US].

FREGA will have to cross those bridges... i guess. perhaps by then, we will be able to transfer to an outside crypto-wallet in LTC, ETH, EOS or some other coin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb, Wimal [Wim]

Time to create page: 2.904 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

December 2018
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29