× General discussion

KYC

3 weeks 5 days ago #22550 by ken sendo

Angela wrote: A brilliant and informative meeting on zoom today. A lot of fears have been allayed and answers to our questions so we all have more understanding of Yoti and what it's about. Without the questions put forward Paddy could not know where our concerns lay. They were answered.
No question is a stupid question it just means someone has not understood clearly and need more clarity.

This is why I haven't jumped in to get Yotied until I listened to what it is all about from someone who has our best interests at heart and has clearly done his due diligence. Following the crowd is not always the best idea, the strongest fish is the one who swims against the tide.

The questioners, and the doubters can turn out to be the strongest member of the team, because of their doubts and questions. They are the ones that other hard to convince people listen to, when they are satisfied that the doubter or questioners are themselves convinced all is OK. Most of us have respect for those who ask the most questions, they are the ones others know that are hard to convince, and if they are convinced it gives other people confidence. Who better to lead than the ex-doubter, the one who ridicules at first, and sets about finding out first before committing themselves? They command respect, not demand it.

Well done to the whole team, whether admin or just keen members dedicated to making Frega a roaring success.

great Zoom call today. thank you, Paddy and Anita, for clarifying KYC/YOTI and the strategy for going forward into coming year(s).

as i have KYC'ed in one form or another on other platforms, i was not as hesitant to jump right in with Yoti, as i trusted our FREGA elders in their due diligence. based on my earlier years building computer work-stations and servers for customers on deadline, when i hit a snag, i keep unraveling and pressing their Tech Support (good response by the way) and pushing through... it took 4 tries and some grumbling (lol) but now i am fully Yotied in, so to speak. this certification will not only work for FREGA but also for other applications needing similar KYC. without FREGA, though, i would never have tried at all, so the thanks goes to you all.
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Deb Deb, Dennis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 weeks 5 days ago #22544 by Paddy Delaney
Thx Angela

Very well put...

Regards

Paddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Kiwianne, Dennis

3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #22543 by Dave Cato
I'm not here to pick a fight with anyone but what I started in a discussion post was something I found in the KYC process that didn't work. That is what this forum is all about. Discussing things and finding answers. What came out of all that following discussion was a realisation a short fall and prompting a process of finding a solution. I believe a solution will now be found in time.
I was not so called Negative but amazed that a problem existed. I have been around this forum long enough to realise that it can be used to create discussion and that some of the newer members don't actually understand that. The zoom call today cleared up most of those issues I found so then the post I started did it's job by all the discussion that took place. Now everyone can understand what's going on going forward.
Cheers

3 weeks 5 days ago #22542 by Angela
A brilliant and informative meeting on zoom today. A lot of fears have been allayed and answers to our questions so we all have more understanding of Yoti and what it's about. Without the questions put forward Paddy could not know where our concerns lay. They were answered.
No question is a stupid question it just means someone has not understood clearly and need more clarity.

This is why I haven't jumped in to get Yotied until I listened to what it is all about from someone who has our best interests at heart and has clearly done his due diligence. Following the crowd is not always the best idea, the strongest fish is the one who swims against the tide.

The questioners, and the doubters can turn out to be the strongest member of the team, because of their doubts and questions. They are the ones that other hard to convince people listen to, when they are satisfied that the doubter or questioners are themselves convinced all is OK. Most of us have respect for those who ask the most questions, they are the ones others know that are hard to convince, and if they are convinced it gives other people confidence. Who better to lead than the ex-doubter, the one who ridicules at first, and sets about finding out first before committing themselves? They command respect, not demand it.

Well done to the whole team, whether admin or just keen members dedicated to making Frega a roaring success.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Kiwianne, Deb Deb, Carol Johnson, Wimal [Wim], ken sendo

3 weeks 5 days ago #22539 by Carol Johnson

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote:

Carol Johnson wrote:

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote: I am surprised and frankly dismayed by the negativity on this topic …. especially from long standing members who should know better. As far as I can see, Yoti is still quite a "Start-up" company. They, LIKE US, may be GROWING into their roll as a digital Identity Management System. Yoti might well look at Frega and not want to partner with a company that are still UNPROVEN.
Many of you have gone WAY off the deep end BEFORE EVEN LISTENING TO WHAT Paddy HAS TO SAY ….. NOT A GOOD LOOK FRIENDS!
Looking forward to the call in the morning …….

The comments made for caution or voicing issues are not negative, they are constructive as far as I can see, showing up problems where there are some. And TRANSPARENT ...remember that word Steve?

Are you suggesting that we ARE NOT???

Transparency to me is allowing both positive comments and constructive criticisms for all to see. If we are supposed to wait until Paddy and the team have their say regarding Yoti that is fine, but as KYC and Yoti are up for use and some are finding it difficult, or can see issues for people in other countries to get KYC'd as it stands, shouldn't we be saying so to improve the situation? What you said to everyone who had an opinion sounded rude. I have found none of the comments negative, they are all adding to the improvements required.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Kiwianne

3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #22538 by Angela

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote: Angela, Carol …… in what Universe are the following comments (from someone who should know better) NOT negative???

"I'm in the same position as that little boy sitting under a tree in Africa looking after his herd of goats. Going nowhere..."

"These requirements to become KYC'd through Yoti have just made it completely impossible for Frega to do what it has always said it would do. To make all the people of the world who can't get a bank account now able to use our Frega Financial Services to set them free"

And said without waiting to hear the whole story from Paddy and the team!!

I don't think we should single out anyone's comments and call them negative, their fears or concerns are as valid as anyone's, as Paddy said in his post following the comments.
All people want is a clearer understanding and not be insulted by suggesting they are in another Universe. Intelligent people question everything. I respect that sort of intelligence. What do you mean by "someone who should know better?" Better than what? To ask questions before blindly rushing into something? that would be an ignorant act and to gain knowledge of something we commit to is wisdom, not ignorance.
Who are WE to decide on what people should know Steve?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, Carol Johnson, Wimal [Wim]

3 weeks 5 days ago #22537 by Prosperitywithpurpose

Carol Johnson wrote:

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote: I am surprised and frankly dismayed by the negativity on this topic …. especially from long standing members who should know better. As far as I can see, Yoti is still quite a "Start-up" company. They, LIKE US, may be GROWING into their roll as a digital Identity Management System. Yoti might well look at Frega and not want to partner with a company that are still UNPROVEN.
Many of you have gone WAY off the deep end BEFORE EVEN LISTENING TO WHAT Paddy HAS TO SAY ….. NOT A GOOD LOOK FRIENDS!

The comments made for caution or voicing issues are not negative, they are constructive as far as I can see, showing up problems where there are some. And TRANSPARENT ...remember that word Steve?

Are you suggesting that we ARE NOT???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gill Cameron

3 weeks 5 days ago #22536 by Prosperitywithpurpose
Angela, Carol …… in what Universe are the following comments (from someone who should know better) NOT negative???

"I'm in the same position as that little boy sitting under a tree in Africa looking after his herd of goats. Going nowhere..."

"These requirements to become KYC'd through Yoti have just made it completely impossible for Frega to do what it has always said it would do. To make all the people of the world who can't get a bank account now able to use our Frega Financial Services to set them free"

And said without waiting to hear the whole story from Paddy and the team!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gill Cameron

3 weeks 5 days ago #22535 by Carol Johnson

The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela

3 weeks 5 days ago #22534 by Carol Johnson

Angela wrote:

Asking questions, raising concerns about rushing in and giving our passports and driver's licence over the net to ANYONE before people do their due diligence and wait to see what Paddy is going to explain, is not negative. This is a forum where we express ideas, question what we don't understand and give an opinion which is as valid as anyone's. This way we gain confidence and more understanding, it's a mature way to go.

Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread, is as true a saying today as it's always been. Who do we trust today with our most sensitive and personal details? Do we just rush in to let someone over the net take pictures of our passports just because we have read it is safe?

It probably IS safe but knowing what has been arranged with the company and what they are doing with our passports with a clear photo and details is obviously of concern to a lot of people, wise enough to wait and see the whole picture before they react in a knee jerk fashion to get "Yotied."

We talk about money laundering, but to give our passports freely because someone asks for it that we really haven't a lot of knowledge on. Mind boggling.
By saying "they might be a start up company like us and just started growing" shows that there is no real knowledge of the company. Just like Frega people want to know about us and certainly been cautious but once they have a knowledge they join us and love us.

Having said this, I do have confidence that our fears will be allayed after hearing more about it and what Paddy will arrange with the company. So instead of rushing in before we really need to, to get Yotied, allow people to express their fears without calling them negative just because they are cautious. They just want to know more to make an informed decision.
Labelling people negatively who we don't know properly, is not a good look.

I totally agree Angela. Well said!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, Kevinrealstewbiz

3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #22533 by Angela

Asking questions, raising concerns about rushing in and giving our passports and driver's licence over the net to ANYONE before people do their due diligence and wait to see what Paddy is going to explain, is not negative. This is a forum where we express ideas, question what we don't understand and give an opinion which is as valid as anyone's. This way we gain confidence and more understanding, it's a mature way to go. It's BECAUSE we are of long standing, that we know better than to rush in before all is revealed.

Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread, is as true a saying today as it's always been. Who do we trust today with our most sensitive and personal details? Do we just rush in to let someone over the net take pictures of our passports just because we have read it is safe?

It probably IS safe but knowing what has been arranged with the company and what they are doing with our passports with a clear photo and details is obviously of concern to a lot of people, wise enough to wait and see the whole picture before they react in a knee jerk fashion to get "Yotied."

We talk about money laundering, but to give our passports freely because someone asks for it that we really haven't a lot of knowledge on. Mind boggling.
By saying "they might be a start up company like us and just started growing" shows that there is no real knowledge of the company. Just like Frega, people want to know about us and certainly been cautious but once they have a knowledge they join us and love us.

Having said this, I do have confidence that our fears will be allayed after hearing more about it and what Paddy will arrange with the company. I am sure he wouldn't want this company if he hadn't done his due diligence, as we do ours. So instead of rushing in before we really need to, to get Yotied, allow people to express their fears without calling them negative just because they are cautious. They just want to know more to make an informed decision.
Labelling people negatively who we don't know properly, is not a good look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwianne, Kevinrealstewbiz, Carol Johnson, Ozzieglyn, Wimal [Wim]

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #22531 by ken sendo
... for the record, i detailed my difficulties and final success in getting registered with Yoti. also i searched for and could not find a process to DELETE my other comments; but, as they say in Rummy: " a card, once laid, is a card once played." — though a vegetarian, i am OK to eat a little bit of crow here... :side:

i most certainly realize that FREGA, Yoti and many other apps and processes are in the state of becoming better and better and am grateful for all the inspiration and support of Paddy, Anita and all members who have put years into bringing FREGA to this threshold.

in my last reply to Yoti Tech Support i also sent Cc: to <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>. it is good to know that we have our own direct channel to get support in the Yoti space.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Kiwianne, Prosperitywithpurpose, Robert, Dennis, Wimal [Wim]

3 weeks 6 days ago #22530 by amandajane64
I did my KYC today using Yoti - it worked really well and I can see a benefit of having it to use for everything. It was very easy to do.
I understand that there may be some difficulties in some countries for people that don't have a passport or driving licence but I am sure this will be rectified at some point very soon. I agree with other people on here, the forum should be a place for sharing the positives and helping people, not to keep moaning about something that this group cannot change - this is not the place to get your gripes resolved you need to send in a support ticket and get that team to help with your queries and issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Gill Cameron, Robert, Dennis, ken sendo

3 weeks 6 days ago #22527 by Prosperitywithpurpose
I am surprised and frankly dismayed by the negativity on this topic …. especially from long standing members who should know better. As far as I can see, Yoti is still quite a "Start-up" company. They, LIKE US, may be GROWING into their roll as a digital Identity Management System. Yoti might well look at Frega and not want to partner with a company that are still UNPROVEN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Kapil Arn, Gill Cameron, Robert, ken sendo

3 weeks 6 days ago #22525 by Kapil Arn
Yes Im sure Paddy and the other Creatives in Frega will find the perfect solution. Yoti is probably a good start, then take it from here.
But please, lets not stifle discussion on here. Keep posting Ur concerns and ideas. This is how Frega grows.
I have found it v helpful to read eveybodies concerns and comments here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Deb Deb, Prosperitywithpurpose, ken sendo

3 weeks 6 days ago #22524 by Paddy Delaney
Yoti is FCA approved...

We will build out from here to factor in all scenarios
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Weller, Anita:Technical Support, Angela, Kiwianne, Robert, Ozzieglyn, ken sendo

3 weeks 6 days ago #22523 by wayne kemp
The only way Frega will be a respected member of society is if we do KYC properly ,the only way Frega will get a bank licence is if we do it properly .Yoti has been realeased early so we can beta test .Obviously not seamless at the moment ,but seamless is the key to our success and i know we will sort this out .The bigger picture of the Frega collective is to help the banked the underbanked and the unbanked . and the only way we can achieve this is to beta test Yoti untill it is seamless .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Weller, Anita:Technical Support, ken sendo

3 weeks 6 days ago #22522 by Paddy Delaney
All valid comments from everyone and we knew from the start that Yoti would not be the final arbiter with regards to the KYC process as it does not factor in all scenarios and it certainly does not factor in countries where mobile connectivity is low...wip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Weller, Angela, Kiwianne, ken sendo

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #22520 by Gill Cameron
reposting this...from Steve Weller

You might want to do a little research on the YOTI site:
yoti.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/21316...s-and-organisations- [/quote]

If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding YOTI please Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Please don't post it on here.

Please have patience we are working really hard to get things rolling. Don't worry about other people in other countries we will address any problem that may arise and note we have already got the ball rolling to get NZ Drivers license to be added..... it is in YOTIs top priority list. We will also be working with YOTI to see what other forms of official ID's that could possibly be used from various countries.

We have released YOTI early to see what possible problems could arise which has worked and thank you for your comments which have all have been noted.[/quote]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Weller, Kiwianne, Kevinrealstewbiz, Prosperitywithpurpose, Wimal [Wim]

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #22519 by Angela
I will wait and see what Paddy tells us on the zoom meeting tomorrow. Once we get the full picture and more understanding we can go from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Evans, Kiwianne, Ozzieglyn

Time to create page: 2.434 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

December 2018
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29